Thursday 7 May 2009

the coming 3 days

today - I graduate. I have been invited to special drinks for sw honours students where they will present awards as well. I pick up my regalia at 5.30pm - drinks go from 6-7.30pm and then the ceremony starts at 8pm. There are nibbles afterwards. I am taking my mother, my stepfather, j and my children. Slightly nervous that the children will be exhausted and lose it somewhere during the ceremony, but I really want them to be there.

tomorrow - I am going out for dinner with some of my closest friends (incl some that are flying in just to celebrate with me).

saturday - J and I hold a massive party to say thank you to all of our friends who have supported us over the past 6-8 years.

Am I excited? So much so that I can't sleep, hence the 6am blogging.

1 comment:

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

Alexis! It's here. You did it! Congratulations. Honestly, I know it's easy to say, but I really mean it. For what it's worth (from a faraway stranger and fan), I'm so proud of you!

I'm glad you're taking the boys. They should see what an amazing, inspiring Mama they have. :-) Enjoy your night (or 3).