Wednesday 10 December 2008

Achieving my dream job

Job advertised CHECK


Feel butterflies in my tummy
when I imagine myself working
in the place I have wanted to for
the past 5 years?

CHECK!

Call your thesis supervisor, and
casually mention it who gets all
excited, demands you apply for it
and offers to be your academic
referee - and advises to talk
about your thesis topic as much
as possible during interview

CHECK!

Realise that I have already said yes
to a locum which could impact
directly on the "dream job"

CHECK!

Ring up, just to get some info and
end up having 25 min convo with
the manager who makes you want
the job MORE and who encourages
you to apply for it.

CHECK!

I'm applying for my dream job. My tummy is tingling at the thought of it. I need this job. My research, my passion, everything is directed towards this job. If I get it, I think I will be the happiest woman in the the world. Imagine that, imagine securing a job that you have dreamed of for the past 5 years.

Please god, please god let me get an interview.

TWO MORE DAYS TO GO. TWO MORE DAYS UNTIL MY PLACEMENT IS OVER.

1 comment:

Shel said...

Oh wooooot!!!!! What a way to end the year!!

Crossing everything for you darling - if anyone in this whole entire universe deserves this, it's you.

When will you find out more??? Ploise, keep us posted!!

Oh, PS: that guy I was telling you about? Machine turned off yesterday, so I don't think he'll end up at Epworth after all. :(