Sunday 14 December 2008

Guess who is coming to visit next week?

My father. He rang me last night to confirm dates that he will be here in Melbourne and we spoke for approximately one hour.

Thats the first time we have ever spoken on the phone that long. It did end abruptly due to him becoming emotional, he is such an interesting person. I know there is love there, but he just doesn't know what to do with those emotions.

I'm really looking forward to seeing him. I'm also submitting my application for my dream job today. And aren't they just the funniest things? "I'm so excellent, my skills are everything you have ever been looking for..." lol, how difficult is it to rave about yourself!! Regardless, this is everything I have worked towards and now I will cross my fingers and hope that I score an interview. It is causing a little bit of insomnia as what the impact of working 4 days a week may do to my children. It wasn't what we initially planned, but I must do this. I hope my children will be ok and I can cope. I believe that this job will challenge every part of my practice.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

If you are happy Lex, they will be. Promise :) Good luck!