Wednesday 13 August 2008

this week.

I finished the transcribing about 9.30am on sunday morning, so now it is back with the participant for final approval. I have another 5 potential participants (that is, they've asked for further information and I am waiting to hear back to organise interviewing times..) but I am finding it very difficult to wait, wait, wait. I just want to get this part done, especially now since I know just how long it takes to transcribe the actual interview itself. So I sit refreshing my uni email again and again and again. I hear this is the most painful part of the research process, the recruitment. But I also understand that this topic is taboo, it isn't commonly talked about and so I must expect that people might have to think carefully before sharing something so personal with a stranger (and knowing that the information will be used for research).

I went for my placement interview yesterday. Looks like I will be in one of two positions, the first is what I mentioned in my last post and the second will be based in rehab (mostly road trauma). Both positions sound fascinating and I am excited at the prospect of the skills that I will leave with :). I start that placement in 3 weeks, which means I have 17 WEEKS left of my degree :) . I can barely believe it.

I have haven't been very good with the gym lately. I think it is the weather that is making me lazy. I haven't put on any weight, that I can feel - but I so need to shift these last ten kilos. I think once the weather heats up a little, I will get back into it. For now I just want to concentrate on being with my kids and J when they are home.

I'll be off then and do the six things that Shel tagged me for a few entries ago...

No comments: