Sunday 3 August 2008

the weekend...

no gym. dress up in my new favourite 'Savers' outfit, step out the door with J and head into the city to attend a good friends 30th - to a bar with a tab - whereupon I manage to do a number of things;

A woman I had just met was passing me a glass so we could have champagne and something funky happened which resulted in two smashed glasses all over our hands. This was within 10 minutes of arriving. Hmm.

These funky Melbourne bars have all manners of little side-slung rooms/alleyways and rickety stairs leading up to the roof for the smokers (excellent view to right in the CBD) - I go up there to chat to some friends, take a toilet break and manage to slide/fall down a few stairs. In my own mind, I reacted silently - fell heavily but continued on my merry way to use the toilet. But in actual fact I apparently fell and loudly said 'oh FUCK!' . I stepped back upstairs and everyone not only heard me swear loudly, they heard me fall heavily. And I was not allowed to forget about it for the rest of the night.

There is quite possibly going to be a number of photos on facebook appearing of me showing a bit of leg because one of the photographers was fascinated by my fishnets.

I love my friends. Last night I was surrounded by so many of our friends. People we don't see nearly enough of - it was so nice to just be with them. The person whose birthday it was, had an integral part in the meeting of J and I. I met him at her 21st - and last night was her 30th.

I love vodka, lime and soda. I will never, ever tire of this drink.

I can stay out until 2.30am (and I could have stayed even longer - but the thought of sunday morning sent me scurrying for a taxi).

Taxi rides are almost invariably funny for whatever reason. Last night we had "Mr Angry", who steadfastly remained angry the entire trip home, even though J was making polite conversation. He played music very loudly and it was a very scary ride home.

Sunday morning - I managed to sleep in to 8am - woke up and first thought was ...

WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY?

I dragged my sorry arse out of bed, met J who was making pancakes with maple syrup for the boys. He motioned to Nurofen extra, clicked the kettle on and proceeded to make me a coffee as I contemplated how on earth we were going to cope with attending a birthday party. But we survived. However, halfway through the party - my injured leg from my stair incident the night before is throbbing and getting up quickly at the party results in another whacking great bruise, but this time on the ankle. Oh yeah, I'm all class

So as I contemplate my ruined food intake (and lets not even get into the alcohol intake!) for the weekend and wonder when oh when I will lose this final - I also have another week ahead of me. My first interview. My first interview is this week!!!

Anyway, best be off to bed. Cycle is on at 6am tomorrow. I need to get back onto the horse and get this weight loss started.

1 comment:

Shel said...

Oh you're a clutz sometimes aren't you? I hope your leg is better.

Sounds like you had a ball anyway.

PS - I tagged you... ;)