Tuesday 19 August 2008

today I...

Did my second interview and made a time to complete my third interview next week!!

Second interview had different scenarios from the first, but so many similar themes came through. I cannot tell you how amazing it is to sit there and to make connections, especially with my literature review. It's funny (and sad) that the same themes weave their way through peoples lives - the only similarity shared is having a miscarriage.

I then rushed off to uni to go to my honours afternoon, a fortnightly class made up of honours students (all 4 of us ;)) and my supervisor. As part of the afternoon I presented some raw data and the other students had a go at preliminary coding and theming of the data. How lucky am I? I had 4 other intelligent people look over a portion of my data and give me their feedback and I have all of their notes that they made - very lucky indeed.

Now I'm home - I'm tired and I'm looking down the barrel of my next challenge - transcription.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Lex! You're flying along now. How many interviews do you need to do for your research?

Lex said...

Hi Donna,

In the best case scenario, I would have 6-8. I am having some difficulty sourcing participants however, so will be happy with 4. 6 would be nice though... :)