Saturday 25 October 2008

money, money, money..

We received an unexpected windfall yesterday, with an amount of money that may be small to some, but will keep us out of serious trouble for the rest of the year.

I cannot tell you the sense of relief that I am feeling right now. Now I can order my son's school uniform for next year, pay kinder fees for my 3yo for next year and buy my children some shoes. Today we went to the fish monger and we bought 1/2 kg of prawns, calamari and some pieces of salmon to eat over the next two days. We went to our local farmers market and bought the food that we would prefer to buy but haven't been able to afford. Is this a taste of whats to come for us? HELL YES. We can now go and look for a bed for our two children (at the moment they are sharing a single bed). Now hopefully my husband can sleep a whole night through without waking up stressing about how he can provide more.

Fuck, it really feels like we are going to finish - he has only 3 weeks left, me 6. We are going to finish, the sky isn't going to fall - and we can pay our bills and keep afloat until December where we will receive the next 2k bonus. That bonus has already been flagged for January's rent.

Yippeee.

*cough* I didn't go to the gym today, but I did find out at my physio appt that I have very unstable hips flexion (I think) and a very weak core (I already knew that) - this is where my side, hip, lower back pain is coming from.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh what relief! You are going to have the best Christmas this year Lex. You'll have finished your study and not have as many things to worry abou in the new year.

Enjoy!!