Friday 31 October 2008

I'm cranky.

I return to the land of the living today. I've spent the last 24-48 hours doing things which I will not go into on here, lest you are eating. But, I've lost a few kilos and I have been unable to eat for the past 2 days. Unfortunately just after my last blog post, my oldest son also came down with gastro and he and I have been taking turns in hugging the toilet bowl and laying about on the couches, him watching kids movies and me reading trashy magazines donated by my Mother.

I am unable to go to work today - where I work has a strict gastro policy, you must not attend work for THREE days after gastro, so all my worrying about work earlier in the week and then I end up with 3.5 days off out of 5 anyway. Looks like I will be working almost up until XMAS now. That makes me cranky.

I'm cranky about other things that I have read specifically today. Except to say that if you're going to insult someone - try a bit harder than resorting to lame sexist insults about 'hormones'. That makes the bile rise in my throat (not that it is too difficult at the moment ;)) and although I detest the person who made the comment that I am thinking of here, without reservation, whoever uses such rubbish in point scoring, shows a certain shallowness and most likely has little knowledge about gender and sexism. But then this will probably wash over the likely offenders, as they will excuse my crankiness or ranting, as "she's just hormonal". No I'm not. I JUST DON'T LIKE YOU.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very glad you're back in the land of the living Lex!!

The rest of it is all a bit cryptic though! lol