Sunday 18 May 2008

The cake!




Well here is the cake!


Unfortunately I didn't get any photos of the cupcakes, I forgot but they were a an absolute hit. I made it from an egg-free chocolate fudge recipe - iced it with pink and blue icing and using kool mints and snakes made it into an alien looking creature, then wrapped it in cellophane tied it with ribbon and a thank you card and there you have lolly bags! The cake suffered from a bit of damage due to the drive from our house to the party (leaning tower of Pisa was one description lol), but it got gasps of pleasure from the children and apparently tasted beautiful given the number of parents who came back for seconds.



The weather was shite though, absolutely shite. Apparently the coldest day in Melbourne for 30 years. But that was ok because we were in the warmth of a brand new community centre. All 30 of us. We played no games, a generous friend happily painted children's faces and they ate healthy (well mostly healthy) food. I didn't see Noah for two hours and although it got off to a shaky start (due to us arriving at said community centre late - after a couple of parents had already arrived!!! Luckily Rach was there to meet the families)!

See the alien in the picture above? James created that from playdoh and put it in the oven to cook with the cakes - for a figurine - it looked marvellous, but children kept trying to eat it! LOL. I thought I would add in a picture of Jude - face painted having a great old time. I will admit though, I started thinking about vodka from about 1.45pm. I finally got a glass of wine at about 6pm and was in bed by 8.30pm .

My MIL is here so I best go. Just wanted to report back in on the success of the 5th birthday party. Thank God there are no more parties till December ;)!

No comments: