Friday 16 May 2008

The "science" of weight loss

I have really been slacking off in the gym - and food department lately, most likely due to the pointy end of semester.

So this morning before spin I decided to hop on the scales. I expected to find that I had put on a kg or three, but I am still losing? WT?

Speaking of fatty goodness today I have to go shopping for my son's birthday party tomorrow. He is having no less than 17 of his friends (not including siblings) at his party tomorrow and he has asked to have the 'fairy castle' from the Womens Weekly cook book as his cake. My ingredients for the cake look something like this;

1kg butter
2 packets of marshmallows
400g jam rollettes
4 curly wurlies
3 packets of jelly


I am a notorious over caterer, so this year I have tried to limit the food to;

muesli bars (which I have already made)
vegie crudite's and chickpea dip
warm little pizza bits (James' speciality)
fruit platter with strawberry yoghurt dip
cheese and bacon balls (hey, I have to include them - James and I LOVE them)
fairy bread
lemonade (I have been begged for lemonade)

Now to me that doesn't seem enough, but I also don't want to be left with mounds and mounds of food like last year. We have also decided against lolly bags with cheap crappy toys in them. They are so wasteful, so this year I am going to make egg free chocolate fudge cupcakes and decorate them as aliens, wrap them nicely with cellophane and present them to the child when they leave.
I'm no Martha Stewart, but I'll show you the pictures tomorrow regardless of what happens lol.

No comments: