Friday 26 September 2008

Good news!

Completed my sixth interview today! All interviews are DONE! Such a great feeling to know that I have finished, and the interview itself was again brilliant. I feel like I have been blessed to be able to meet all of these women who have allowed me to come and share in their most private experiences. Now to do it justice.

Spent the entire tram and train trip back to North Melbourne on the phone with my supervisor - was good to clear the air about our meeting (see previous post) because as I mentioned I was feeling a little vunerable. But all is good and she has even invited me and my family to come to lunch or dinner with her family once she hands her PhD in and I hand my Honours in.. so I think the sands are shifting between supervisor to friend and mentor (though I told her, I was hoping it would involve a meeting in a bar with plenty of wine - hic!). Which suits me fine because as you can already guess, she is very much on the receiving end of a girly crush from me. And this is so funny because, as I was telling James today, when she was the lecturer of the subject I was undertaking a couple of years ago - she almost failed me and I was pissed off and never really thought of her again, until she rang me this year to invite me into the program... She says I'm going to have to move on from the 59 she gave me from the essay that I submitted in the RESEARCH subject, but I can't get over the sheer irony that I'm now an honours student conducting my own research - In fact I actually think it is hilarious! But yes, now - I've actually found someone that not only I respect and admire - but who I actually like too!

Anyway, enough gushing.

Today the other student who is on placement at the hospital (in oncology) and I had a peer supervision session, at a terrible little cafe across the road from the hospital. None other than http://www.rhcl.com.au/ here. God, does anyone know how to make the link hidden so you click on a word to get there? I'm such a techno-phobe. Anyway - one cafe latte and one pear and chocolate muffin later (omg, I'm so going back there) and quite a lot of chatting - we pledged to do this on a weekly event, to debrief to each other. Because she has also been finding it tough, lovely girl she is too :(.

I went via the ward (my supervisor had an RDO) and did some independent sw - meeting with a new patient and talking to two others... ooh I'm getting the hang of this I reckon :). Then went down to a BBQ on the lawns outside my building - had a sausage and then ran to the train to get out to the North Western Suburbs to interview my final participant. Now I'm at home with my beautiful children. Aaaaah, I just love me a friday - James is out in the kitchen making a pizza for dinner, children are eating their pizzas that they made and decorated - all is right in the world.

2 comments:

Shel said...

Good girl. You're doing great guns!!

Remember; bum up, head down and don't look to the sides.

Bring on graduation and the flower drum!!!!

Anonymous said...

reveals deconstruct exist pair titles condensed texte howes indication centripetal propertya
lolikneri havaqatsu