Saturday 6 September 2008

Saturday...what a beautiful day

The sun is shining, the birds are singing... I did my 4th interview this morning so I can officially commence my research - WOOHOO! I came home and then went to the gym and worked really hard and now I am sitting here waiting for Rach to pick me up so we can go to my favourite shop, Savers in Foot-es-cray. One day when I have some time, I will photograph all of my dresses that I have managed to buy from there. I'm actually going there today to scout for something for James for fathers day and I'm taking my "fashion forward" friend to help me work out what to get that he might like - champagne looks on a beer budget indeed ;0.

I start my placement on monday ----- eek! Scared shitless I am. Seriously. Practically my first week will be taken up with meetings of all the other allied health staff there etc. A good friend lent me a book called 'Watermelon' by Ruth Ritchie (sorry can't find a link) as it deals with a person who has an ABI and goes into rehab. Very interesting and has given me a taste perhaps of what is to come. To say I am in for a challenge may indeed be an understatement.

One way I can tell I've come out of hibernation, I've shaved my legs - there was only 5 months worth of growth there ;) and I've given up trying to save up for an eyebrow wax and plucked it myself, my eyebrows don't look too bad either!

Ciao - hope the weekend is as shiny as ours will be..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't be scared. You will be fantastic. You were born for this.

Enjoy your (Well, James') Fathers day :-)