Tuesday 9 September 2008

one day down...

I have barely any time.. but I thought I would quickly tell you all about my placement.

Amazing, life saving, terrifying, so many acronyms to learn, very respectful multi-disciplinary teamwork, the steepest learning curve that I have ever undertaken, enthusiasm for students (by all of the medical and allied health team), puzzling short-hand in patient files about accident and injuries, patients and their families, cage beds that look quite confronting, coma scales, variations of head injuries, complex psychosocial backgrounds, meetings, meetings, meetings, trying to remember any of the hundred people I met yesterday, working out that the chain of command registrar to consultant.

By 3pm my brain hurt. I was home by 5.40pm and dozing on the couch by 8.30 - nevemind that I have an essay due on wednesday. So verdict after day one? An excellent placement that will be challenging but very supportive.

No comments: